10.23.2021

mama's boy

My little Sebastian. 

He has always intensely been a Mama's boy, as a baby and even now as a toddler. I cannot step into the kitchen without him running in, dragging a chair over to the counter, and saying, "Mama, what doing? What making? Want see that." He loves to help load and unload the dishwasher, peer into every jar I open, hand me dishes to rinse, and taste test everything. He is such a sweet, shy, affectionate boy.

Recently, he has been dealing with all the big emotions. Just bursting into tears at random times and answering our "What's wrong? What made you sad?" with wails of "I don't knoooow!" He has also been deliberately testing his boundaries, knowingly doing things he's told not to or flat out refusing to obey. It's been a lot, for all parties involved.

I imagine it is hard being at that in between age of No Longer a Baby But Not Quite Yet a Big Kid. New freedoms, new abilities. But also new expectations, new rules. Sometimes I fear he must find life confusing and parents hypocritical.

But, I know he will get through it. I know we will get through it. There will be a lot of tears and unexplainable moments of body-shaking frustration, yes. But, I promise you, my darling boy, they will be countered with a lot of hugs, a whole bunch of snuggling, and the always promise of "I love you no matter what." 

You will forever be mama's little boy, Sebi ♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment