6.20.2018

the Finn Review

Dear Finley,

You are one. You are joy. You are mine.


I love the way your thighs are ticklish. And your armpits. And your knees. And the back of your neck.


I love the way you kiss, mouth wide open and with an emphatic "muah!" My knees and forearms have never felt so loved.


I love the way you look straight at me while you very deliberately pick up a piece of food, hold it out over the floor, and drop it. You never do it with pear though. That's edible gold.


I love the way you excitedly bounce yourself across the floor or sway back and forth until you fall over as soon as you hear music. 


I love the way you get excited at the end of a book. The construction trucks made an adventure playground again? The gorilla snuck back into the bed again? You never seem to see it coming.


I love the way you'll finish nursing, roll onto your back, and start clapping. It makes me feel like a million bucks.


I love the way you can completely change my mood with just a smile or a sound or a look. 

I prayed for a baby who would be content, joy-filled, and a good sleeper. Two out of three isn't bad at all. 

I love you, my little Finn. You are special beyond belief. 

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment