5.10.2022

fourteen is a long time

Right before we got married, I was asked if there were any flaws that I saw in Jason. I think it was a "don't go into marriage expecting to change your spouse" conversation opener. After a few awkward moments of thought, I believe I said, "I guess maybe he sleeps too much and spends too much time playing video games?" [Could it be more obvious we were just two young college students?] I'm pretty sure that was not the kind of answer I was supposed to come up with, but I do not do well with being put on the spot [and I would appreciate everyone taking note of this for future interactions with me 😄].

Fast forward 14 years, Jason now lives in a perpetual state of sleep deprivation and only squeezes in a video game session on the random evening free of other responsibilities or entertainment. So I guess it just goes to show that you CAN change your spouse. [And that Jason is apparently now flawless? 😂] BUT, in all of the important "this is why I love you" ways, Jason has remained utterly steadfast and unchanging. He was and continues to be the most logical, selfless, considerate, funny, patient man I have ever known, and I would choose him to be my forever friend time and time again.

While not much has changed in the last 14 years - aside from the four degrees, four homes, and four children - it has still been the most satisfying, most exciting, most normal, most "this just makes sense" 14 years of my life. ♥️

Happy 14th anniversary, love! You make the day in and day out better in every way. I'm so glad you were able to look past all the weird and odd and just see me all those years ago. lessthanthree



No comments:

Post a Comment