2.08.2023

beginning-ish of the year

Let's ignore the fact that I have not written here since last July. Excellent. Thanks.

Instead, let's check up on my New Year's resolutions, shall we?

  • Kitchen sinks/counters completely empty of dishes every night: ✔️ truly a habit/streak never before accomplished in my nearly 14 years of home management
  • Read through the Bible this year: ✔️ on pace
  • Walk 200 miles [in the same socks (don't ask)] before the baby arrives: ✔️ slightly ahead of schedule
  • Don't reach an all-time-high weight by the end of this pregnancy: ✖️ not looking good
  • Read 75 books: ✔️ 7 books down [can I count the Bible as one of my books at the end of the year? 🤔]
  • Blog more: ✖️🤦🏻‍♀️
So... all in all, one month in and a net positive so far? I'll take it. Perhaps I can achieve the last resolution by having monthly progress updates about the rest of my resolutions. That wouldn't be boring at all.

Other quick life updates:
  • There is another baby growing inside of me. So much happiness. Reaching third trimester always feels so good.
  • Jason is winning more board games than normal and it weirdly may be related to my very noticeable pregnancy brain this time around. He does not seem to mind.
  • Lucas has finally reached a point where I sometimes need to actually teach him through a math concept. It makes me feel teacher-y and makes him very frustrated. Welcome to seventh grade math, son.
  • Finley continues to say his favorite animal is a tarantula. Why. Also, in case you didn't know, he's self-proclaimed "the best" at pretty much any activity. 
  • Sebastian is obsessed with making "Mario tracks/levels" out of anything at his disposal - Legos, marble runs, train tracks, rubber blocks, etc. His levels are filled with dozens of lava hurling "bosses" and "moons/stars/coins" to collect. I love seeing his creations but often run out of time to hear him describe each one in neverending detail.
  • Eli was our earliest by far walking baby and now he's making sure he's extra memorable by holding off on speaking as long as possible. But, in the past week or so, he's finally started showing some interest in sharing his thoughts. Finally.
  • Baby #5 continues to be addressed as Boo as we apparently are unable to come to a name agreement. It's not bothering me AT ALL 😐 But Boo seems unphased and is living life all squirmily and kickily. Grow, baby, grow.
So there you have it. Here's to more blog posts in the hopefully not-so-distant future! 🤞🏼








No comments:

Post a Comment