12.11.2021

24 hours

How much can happen in 24 hours?

A vomiting 4-year-old who can't keep anything down.
A power outage that started in the middle of the boys' bedtime routine.
Tornado sirens through the night.
Uncharged phones.
Sleeping on the floor outside of the boys' rooms [because no power means no monitors] so we could hear when Finley was throwing up or Eli wanted to eat or Sebi needed something.
All the anxiety that comes from the swirling thoughts of "How long is it okay for him to go with zero intake?" and "At what point do we need to get everyone out of bed and take them to the basement?"

So much stress.
So much prayer.

But God is good.

The 4-year-old ate some toast and applesauce today. He finally had enough energy to get off the couch this afternoon and play and laugh and bicker.
The sirens didn't wake anyone up.
The power came back on last night so we didn't have to spend the whole night miserable and uncomfortable in the hallway.
The tornados passed just east of us with no damage to our house.

I'm still decompressing from my drastically heightened state of emotion. I do not handle "unknown health status of my child" well at all and seeing the contents of your baby's stomach repeatedly emptied onto the floor or into a bucket rates pretty high on my personal scale of traumatizing events. So I've basically been useless the last 36 hours or so. But Jason.

Jason has been incredible. He thoroughly cleaned up the very purple, blueberry oatmeal vomit from the carpet and couch. Every single time Finley thought he was about to throw up, Jason was there to hold the bucket and comfort him. He went to work late and came home early to help me with the kids. He kept a close eye on the storm radar throughout the night. He was always positive, always helpful, always trying to get me to laugh or improve my mood. I love this man with all my heart.

This has not been the weekend we envisioned. But I think we've made it through. Thanks be to God.

The saddest sight

Finally, a spark of regular Finley after 36 hours of sad Finley ♥️♥️♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment